Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Mysterious Weekend

In the morning of the 4th of September my mum told us that we were going some where special but for some strange reason she just would not tell us. Even though I begged and begged and begged and begged mum still would not tell us. All she said was " We are going at 11:30am tomorrow (Fathers Day)."
At last it was Fathers day and I just couldn't wait! I thought of all of the places we could go to: the Zoo, Kelly Tarltons, the Movies, the Sky tower, to Nana and Poppa's place, overseas, Wellington etc. 
"YAY!!! at last it's 11:30!!" once we got in the car we set off to see where we are going.
When we got to the motorway we suprisingly went past the motorway and continued down. Dad knew where we were going but he tricked us and said we were going to the dump but I knew he was just tricking. Then mum said to me where have you all ways wanted to go? I thought and thought but I couldn't think of anything then we parked by a strange looking building, when I came closer I saw that it was the Indoor Go-Karting raceway. 
When I saw that it was the Go-Karting I couldn't believe it! but then I said "Wait, don't you have to be 12 yrs to drive?" "No, you just have to be 1.35 meters tall." 
Once we got in we had to put on helmets and we had to watch a movie about the rules (BORING!). After the movie one of the staff brought us down to the Go-Karts I hoped in number 19 and I had to wait for Jess at the start because she didn't know how to work it (Sigh!). And obviously Dad beat me (Sob!).  
But still it was really super duper fun! Man you should really try it, it's at 82 the Concourse, Lincoln North, Henderson and their phone number is (09)836 5895. There website is http://www.aucklandraceway.co.nz. Man it's AWESOME!!! you should really go and try it.   http://aucklandraceway.co.nz

3 comments:

7teen Crew said...

It was awesome wasnt it daniel. It was great fun racing around the track with you and jess. But you forgot to mention all the crashes :)

7teen Crew said...

Hey Daniel next time you go please take me with you

Alex rm 7teen

SPS Superstars said...

Hi Daniel,
It has been neat to read your posts and find out about some of the great things you have been doing.
The go-karting sounds awesome.
Glenys